Del-Monde would like to make sure that you and your family will be comfortable this summer and we want to keep your heating and cooling system running to perfection for years to come.
Below are a few tips to help your summer be a COOL one!
- Have your air conditioner unit checked yearly.
- Keep the area around your air conditioning unit cleared of all grass, leaves and debris.
- Clean you outside coil with water at least once a month.
- Replace your filter once a month to keep it from getting clogged with dust and pollen, you will breathe easier and it will help cut down on your energy bill.
- Having a qualified service technician check your unit regularly can reduce your operating cost by as much as 20% and help extend the life of your equipment.
- If your air conditioning unit is more than 10 years old it is costing you money, a new high efficient system installed can almost cut your utility bills in half!
- Get yourself a programmable thermostat! You can set the temperature down during the day when know one is home and in the evening when you go to be to bed and you can also set it to be at your desired temperature when you return or awake in the morning. This will save you money!
- Make sure your air conditioner is located in a shady spot, being located directly in the sun makes your unit work harder to do its job and that will cost you money.
- Close off the register to rooms that are not being used.
- Seal up any air leaks or gaps around your home, hire a professional if needed.